Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Top 4 Fashion Blogs to Follow (In My Biased Opinion)

1. Fashion Toast by Rumi Neely [www.fashiontoast.com]

Fashion Toast was the very first fashion blog that I started to follow so it will forever remain my favorite. If you roam the archives all the way back to the year of its inception in good 'ol 2008, you'll find Rumi Neely in department store brands, taking photos in front of her garage. Now, her outfits are ludicrously expensive ($1,000 Balenciaga shoes, whew) and she seems to travel to a different country every few weeks. BUT, the photography is stellar and her writing is what keeps me coming back every time. I can't help but not like her and want to be friends with her. Plus, she had ombre hair way back before ombre was a thing. Plus, she still wears clothes from Forever21 mixed in with all her luxury garments. Did I mention I want to be friends with her?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2. Song of Style by Aimee Song [www.songofstyle.com]

Yes, it is true that I first clicked on this link a few years ago simply because our names are spelled the same. However, Aimee Song's sense of style is fantastic. She's got that whole West Coast cool and casual thing going on, but amped up with every color in the rainbow and enough patterns to rival the Anthropologie home goods section. She also posts almost every day which is lovely and convenient when trying to avoid doing anything productive.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3. Kayture by Christina Bazan [www.kayture.com]

If you're looking for a high-fashion blog that's fancy and elegant, then Kayture is just for you. Although I love it too, and I possess none of the above mentioned qualities. Christina Bazan is only 20, but is absolutely stunning and so stylish that she puts all other 20-something year olds to shame. Every blog post looks as if it came straight out of a magazine, and I can only imagine how early in the morning she has to wake up to look like this every day. Yet despite all the glamour she still seems like a genuinely nice person, so good for her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4. Tuula by Jessica Stein [www.tuulavintage.com]

Not only is Tuula Jessica Stein's personal style blog, but it's also her travel diary of the dozens and dozens of countries that she's traveled to over the past few years. Most of which involve warm and tropical places of which I scour the photos of sand and ocean and weep a bit as I sit under four layers of clothes in a freezing apartment. Her style is timeless and simple, but still young and fun. And as I mentioned before, the pictures are seriously awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment